Aleo BME, Inc. is a technology driven biomaterials company based in State College, PA. The company was founded by a team of passionate scientists from Pennsylvania State University, entrepreneurs, and professional investors in the goal of adapting innovative and transformative biomaterials into various applications to address the unmet challenges in biological, medical, and environmental applications. Aleo BME is currently commercializing revolutionizing technologies in wound healing, surgical glue and sealant, and cosmetic applications.
Check our Open Positions. If you are interested in joining the Aleo BME team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking a Biomaterial Scientist to help design the next generation of novel biomaterials. The candidate will design, engineer, and qualify our diverse library of materials to fit a wide range of applications, creating products for the medical device, cosmetic, and agricultural industries.
- Take ownership of individual product design and development programs for diverse projects
- Develop streamlined and efficient experiments to demonstrate fast and effective proofs-of-concept (POC)
- Design and execute mechanical, chemical, and biological characterization plan to test a product's performance
- Manage research associates' contribution to various projects to expedite POC development
- Present experimental outcomes in test reports and PPT slides
- Be a source of creative solutions for unmet needs in medicine, cosmetics, and agriculture. Few scientist have practical experience in all these fields, but we expect you to apply critical thought and develop an expertise, quickly familiarizing yourself with the technologies currently applied in the space.
- Experience with applying ASTM and ISO standard would be advantageous
- PhD or MS in Biomaterials, Polymer Science, Chemistry, Material Science, Biochemistry, Biomechanics, Tissue Engineering, or a related field
- A strong, proven history of designing, synthesizing, and characterizing biomaterials, synthetic polymers, micro-/nano-particles, and devices
- Familiarity with fundamental research practices including quality control and GMP production
- Strong writing skills related to intellectual property, grant writing and formal regulatory submissions
- An ability to design and present experiments with high-level goals and commercial implications in mind
Aleo BME, Inc. is looking for a Research Associate/Assistant or Intern to assist the polymer materials development for medical device applications. Successful candidate is expected to participate in Aleo BME’s R&D activities under the supervision of Research Scientists.
- Assist product formulation screening experiments and evaluation methods development·Assist product/material testing, characterization and evaluations
- Generate traceable and consistent data to support the development of product functions and manufacturing procedures.
- Write, review and edit test reports and technical documents
Most importantly the successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working independently and creatively under general supervision. The ideal candidate will have:
- MS or BS in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline
- have at least 1 year of hands-on experience in a research or product development laboratory
- A demonstrated ability to do careful and meticulous experimentation
- Able to solve technical problems with enthusiasm in a team environment
- · Good written and oral communication skills
- · Strong self-motivation and a desire to grow by working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative and multidisciplinary team
- Experience with material characterization, such as SEM, NMR, FTIR, GPC, HPLC, DSC/TGA, fluorometer, Instron mechanical tester, fluorescence microscope, etc. is a plus
- Experience with ASTM and ISO standards is a plus
Aleo BME is seeking a highly motivated intern interested in marketing, social media and public relations. This role will assist developing marketing strategies and plans to promote the company's innovative technologies and products to various audience including customers, partners, and industry peers. The position can have a flexible working schedule.
- Assist developing marketing strategies and plans for various channels including internet, social media, emailing and ads etc.
- Write and create contents for the company's social media accounts
- Assist the company's website updates and webiste user engagements
- Design and manage marketing campaigns
- A degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or a related discipline
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Ability to independently manage marketing projects
- Graphic design is highly desired